Microsoft is offering students in select educational institutions, including Carleton University, the downloadable MS Office desktop software suite, at no charge while they have student status at Carleton.
Microsoft provides installation assistance here: Troubleshoot Office installation.
To sign up for this offer and download MS Office:
- Go to products.office.com/en-ca/student/office-in-educationoffice.com/getoffice365
- Provide your student email address: e.g; email@example.com ← not firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provide your MyCarletonOne password
- To download the MS Office suite,
- Log into the web interface of student email
- Click on the words ① “Office 365” in the upper let hand corner of the web interface, and then ② “Install Office 2016”
|Note: Microsoft also offers students additional services to holders of Office 365 email addresses, while they maintain student status. A subset of these additional services are supported by the Service Desk: carleton.ca/its/o365|