What is this service?
This service provides the first point of contact for end-users with a clear path to escalate and communicate IT service related requests, questions, problem reporting, and satisfaction issues.
How do I obtain this service? / How do I receive support for this service?
To request support for this service, Students, Staff and Faculty may contact the ITS Service Desk.
Faculty and Staff members of the departments listed below have the additional option to contact their Faculty IT support representatives.
|Help Desk Provider||Phone|
|ITS Service Deskfirstname.lastname@example.org||(613) 520-3700|
|Faculty of Arts and Social Sciencesemail@example.com||(613) 520-2600 x1500|
|Faculty of Public Affairs – FPAfirstname.lastname@example.org||(613) 520-2600 x1401|
|Faculty of Public Affairs – FPA – Journalism (River Building)||email@example.com (River Bldg.)||(613) 520-2600 x7407|
|Chemistryfirstname.lastname@example.org||(613) 520-2600 x3619|
|Mathematics and Statisticsemail@example.com||N/A|
|School of Computer Sciencefirstname.lastname@example.org||N/A|
|Sprott School of Businessemail@example.com||(613) 520-2600 x2362|
|Education Development Centrefirstname.lastname@example.org||(613) 520-4433|
|Office of the Dean of Engineeringemail@example.com||(613) 520-5647|
|Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering||CEETechSupport@carleton.ca||(613) 520-2600 x7476|
|Department of Electronicsfirstname.lastname@example.org||(613) 520-2600 x2513|
|Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineeringemail@example.com||(613) 520-2600 x5636|
|Department of Systems and Computer Engineeringfirstname.lastname@example.org||(613) 520-5737|
|Azrieli School of Architecture and Urbanismemail@example.com||(613) 520-2600 x3955|
|School of Information Technologyfirstname.lastname@example.org||(613) 520-2600 x2907|
|School of Industrial Designemail@example.com||(613) 520-2600 x8317|
Support Availability – ITS Service Desk:
|Hours of Operation (Fall-Winter)||Monday-Thursday: 8:00am-10:30pm
Closed: Statutory Holidays (Details)
|Location||IT Help Desk, 4th Floor MacOdrum Library|
Support Availability – Faculty Help Desks except Journalism:
- Monday-Friday: 8:30am-4:30pm
Support Availability – Journalism:
- Monday: 1:00pm-4:00pm
Thursday: 8:00am-4:00pm (Not available Sept. 26, Oct. 10, 24, Nov. 14, 28)
Friday: Not Available
What is included?
- Standard Features:
- The first point of contact for user identified IT issues
- Immediate resolution of basic IT issues
- Escalation of complex incidents or requests to appropriate support group(s)
- Non-Standard Features:
- Field Support Services for onsite and remote support of Carleton Faculty and Staff
- Technical support to resolve advanced incidents or issues
- After-hours support
- electronically track and update open support requests using incident tickets
- Automatic email notification of ticket resolution
- Expected Resolution time, based on Priority 1-5, (1): 4 working hours, (2): 8 working hour3, (3): 24 working hours, (4): 48 working hours, (5): To be negotiated
- Service Exclusions
Was this page helpful?
no one has found this useful yet.