Service Provider: ITS, Teaching and Learning Services
Service Type: Learning Technology
What is this service?
This service, known as Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), provides an alternative to physical computer labs, for courses for which the instructor requires students have access to course-specific software. It allows students access to applications without needing them to be installed on their own laptop or tablet, or a physical presence on campus.
Example usage: carleton.ca/tls/2014/bringing-statistics-modern-age-spotlight-lise-paquet
Alternatives to the use of the VDI service include the Public or Faculty-specific Computer Labs.
How do I obtain this service?
Faculty contemplating the use of VDI should:
(1) To review the software installed, inquire as to the availability of course-specific software, or ensure students in a specific course have VDI access, contact the IT Service Desk.
(2) If you require a VDI-enabled classroom, contact Scheduling and Examination Services prior to the term in which you will be teaching:
Scheduling and Examination Services
Rm 508, University Centre
(613) 520-2600 x3610
VDI-enabled classrooms are configured with sufficient wireless capacity to ensure that every student can simultaneously access VDI from their personal laptop or tablet via WiFi.A subset of VDI-enabled classrooms also have electrical power outlets installed at all student seats (e.g. Tory 446/447).
- Listing of VDI-enabled classrooms: carleton.ca/tls/equipment-options/vdi
- Booking of VDI-enabled classrooms: booking.carleton.ca/Portal/index.php?p=RoomSearch, check “Use additional criteria” and check the “ZVDI” box under room “Characteristics”
There are no charges for use of the VDI service.
- Instructors: (background): carleton.ca/ims/equipment-options/vdi
Instructors (re: available classrooms): carleton.ca/tls/equipment-options/vdi
Instructors (re: example usage): carleton.ca/tls/2014/bringing-statistics-modern-age-spotlight-lise-paquet
- All: How to access VDI: carleton.ca/cuDesktop
All: To download software to access VDI: cudesktop.carleton.ca
How do I receive support for this service?
ITS Service Desk
- Allow sufficient time for an email reply to be sent during regular office hours: Monday-Friday, 8:30-4:30.
What is included?
- Standard Features:
- VDI client software (Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android)
- Remote access to the VDI environment outside lecture hours (while enrolled in the course).
- Non Standard Features:
- Installation of course-specific applications in the VDI servers (Windows-based software)
- Linux or MacOS applications are not currently offered via the VDI service.
Was this page helpful?
4 people found this useful