- Getting Started
- Your KMS Go Home Page
- Media Discovery and Interaction
- Downloading Media
- Viewing My History and Resume Playback (Continue Watching) Media
- Sharing and Editing Media
- KMS Go Search
- Searching and Browsing Through Media
- Media Page
- Create and Upload Media
- Publish Media
- Note that on your media page, the status is changed to Public.
Kaltura MediaSpace Go (KMS Go) for iOS User Guide
Download KMS Go
- Download the Kaltura MediaSpace Go app from the App Store.
- Click Open.
Login to KMS Go
- Enter your site’s address ” https://mediaspace.carleton.ca/ “.
- NOTE: “https://“ is required to be entered before the site address.
- To Login With your Carleton MyCarletonOne credentials or pre-approved non-Carleton account.:
- Log In – Go to “My Page” by tapping the person icon on the top right on the Home Page.
- Tap LOGIN.
- Enter your MC1 credentials.
Your KMS Go Home Page
The KMS Go homepage displays the following:
- The My Page icon – Links to your personal area and app settings.
- The App’s main gallery.
- The bottom Navigation Bar:
- Home – returns you to the homepage.
- Upload – allows you to upload new media.
- Search & Browse – Opens the KMS Go powerful search tool and browsing options.
Media Discovery and Interaction
Media discovery starts on your KMS Go home page. You can browse the gallery by swiping horizontally or tapping on a gallery name for vertical scrolling.
The following shows an example of the vertical display of selected media item on your gallery:
Downloading media (when allowed by your administrator), can be accessed and performed from a vertical view of a gallery or via a media page. The downloaded media is displayed on your device as well as under the My Downloads section on your homepage.
On the vertical gallery view, you can use the following Quick Actions:
- Swipe the selected media to the left.
- Click on the Download (cloud) icon.
- Abort downloading by tapping on the cloud icon (note that the icon now has an “x” in it).
- Media that was downloaded may be deleted from your device by tapping on the Download icon by using Quick Action swipe or on the Media Page.
TIP: You can also download media directly from the Media Page by tapping on the cloud icon on the top right corner.
Viewing My History and Resume Playback (Continue Watching) Media
When configured by your administrator, My History is accessed from My Page and displays videos that you have viewed while signed in. This includes videos that you have watched while signed in to the KMS app or browser on a mobile device. Changes you make to your account history will appear on all devices you sign in to with using your account. Scroll down to My History and tap the arrow to open up the videos that were viewed.
When configured by your administrator, Continue Watching is accessed from the Home Page and displays videos that you have partially viewed while signed in. This includes videos that you have watched while signed in to the KMS app or browser on a mobile device. Scroll down to Continue Watching and tap the arrow to open up the videos that were partially viewed.
The video progress bar makes it easy to see where you left off the last time you watched a video. When you stop viewing a video before finishing the entire video, a progress bar under the video thumbnail shows you where you left off. When you play the video again, the video restarts from where you left off. When you play a partially watched video, playback resumes from where you left off. The video will restart if you viewed 90% of it, the video will be considered “Finished”.
Sharing and Editing Media
On the gallery vertical view, Select the Media, then tap on the … below the Video.
- Tap on the cloud icon to Download.
- Tap on the share icon to Share.
- Tap on the heart icon to Like (disabled setting).
- Tap on the speech bubble to Comment (disabled).
TIP: You can also share media from the media page.
KMS Go Search
KMS Go offers a powerful unified keyword search. The search can be performed by the Carleton University Galleries.
Search Results Screen
The search results are presented in a magazine-style display. The “Matches” section contains media that best fits your search criteria. Any channels that satisfy your search criteria are displayed as well.
Sorting and Filtering through Search Matches
You can sort and filter your search results by clicking on the filter icon in the top-right corner of the search results page.
The search results can be sorted by:
- Most recent
You can select what types of media should be included in your search by choosing from:
- All Media
- Live Events
You can specify whether to extend the search to the content of the media itself. The search can be extended to:
If you would like to know why a certain media was returned in the search results:
- On the search results screen, tap on one of the rendered thumbnails.
- You will see your keyword highlighted in all the relevant data related to your media (according to your selected filters).
Saving a Search
Your search can be saved by clicking on the star near your keywords in the search window. You can use the saved search later or un-save it by clicking on the blue star on the saved searches screen when it is no longer needed.
To access your saved KMS Go searches
- Tap the magnifying glass in the main bottom navigation bar
- Tap the search field to access the saved searches screen.
Searching and Browsing Through Media
Searching and browsing can be accessed by tapping on the magnifying glass icon on the bottom part of your main navigation bar. You can also use the search screen to browse through your channels (for logged-in users) and categories.
Every media has its dedicated page. In addition to the media itself, this Media Page contains the following information:
- media owner
- publish date
- number of views
- custom metadata
- number of comments
- number of likes
You can perform the following actions from this page:
- tap to play the video
- rotate the device to enter the full-screen view
- download the media (for videos)
Create and Upload Media
The Upload icon is located on the bottom of the KMS GO Home page.
Use the Upload icon to add media from your existing photos, or to create media using your device’s camera to upload to KMS Go.
To create/upload content
- Start from the Home page.
- Tap the Upload icon to begin the upload process. Depending on your configuration you may be required to login.
- You can choose to Upload existing media from the device’s Photos gallery, or to create media using your device’s camera.
- Select where you want to upload media from.
- Tap on the video you want to upload and tap Choose. The video is displayed in a new screen with the trim tool.
- (Optional) You can select to trim the Media from either end or opt to continue uploading the video as is.
- Drag the anchor left or right, or on both ends, to trim. A preview of the trimmed video is displayed.
- Select Back to abort the entire uploading.
NOTE: After a video is trimmed, it is automatically saved in your gallery. The original video isn’t altered in any way, but instead a new video file is created.
- Tap Done to continue with the upload process.
- Enter a title for the media.
You can always change the title later.
- Tap “Done” on the keyboard to dismiss the screen. The Upload information page is displayed.
- You may choose to upload the video later by selecting I will upload later. A copy of your media will remain in your device gallery.
- The upload progress bar is displayed.
- You can cancel the upload by clicking on the x in the upper right corner of the media. A confirmation prompt is displayed. There is also an option to resume the upload if for any reason your upload was interrupted.
- Tap Yes to cancel the upload or tap Cancel (the stop upload) to continue with the upload. The video should complete uploading. A message is displayed when the upload is complete.
The uploaded video is now available for viewing depending on your publishing settings. You can easily find it in My Page in My Media.
Editing and Adding Metadata
You can add or edit metadata for your media.
To add or edit metadata
- Tap on the video you want to edit. Editing requires the appropriate privileges.
- Tap on the Edit (Pencil) icon on the top of your screen.
- Tap the pencil icon(s) near each field to open the relevant field to modify. Scroll to the bottom to display all available fields to modify.
- Tap OK for each field you modify.
- Tap Enter.
- Tap UPDATE to update the information on the server.
You can edit the following:
- Publishing Settings –tap on the screen to edit the settings.
- Other custom metadata that may appear on the page
To delete media
- Tap on the video you want to edit. Editing requires the appropriate privileges.
- Tap on the Edit (Pencil) icon at the top of your screen.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap Delete Media.
- Tap on the Pencil (Edit) icon at the top of your screen.
- Scroll to the bottom to display all available fields to modify.
- Tap the Pencil icon near each field to open the relevant field to modify.
- Modify the title, or other fields and Tap Done on the Keyboard.
Type a Description, when finished typing, tap Done.
Start typing, and enter 3 letters for the autocomplete to suggest tags. Select a tag and tap Done or enter a new tag and tap Done. You can repeat for more tags, and use the “x” to delete tags. When you are finished, tap Done.
To Publish Media
- Start from the Home page and then go to My Page.
- Select the video you want to publish from your media.Note that the publishing settings are set to Private.
- Tap on the … below the video then, Select the Pencil icon to enter Editing mode.In Edit mode, you will see the publishing options: Private, Unlisted, Public. Choose one of the options. The default publishing settings for the media are Private. Choose Unlisted – This option copies the URL to a clipboard.
- Click OK, then Click Update. Your media is now Unlisted. You can paste the URL from your clipboard and share the media link.
- Public – visible on selected channels/categories. The Public setting allows you to publish to channels or categories that you are permitted to publish to.
Note that some metadata is marked as required for publishing, or required for publishing in a shared repository in particular.
Choose Public – The Publish Settings screen is displayed.There are two tabs in the Publishing Settings page: Publish in Channels and Publish in Categories. There’s a blue underline to indicate which tab is active. You can publish media to multiple channels and categories.By default, the Publish in Channels tab is active. Check the checkbox to select the channels/categories to publish to. Note in the following screen, 2 channels have been selected. The counter for the total amount of channels or categories to publish to is located in parenthesis next to the Publish option on your screen.
- In addition, tap the Publish in Categories tab and select the categories you want to publish to. Note in the following screen, 2 categories have been selected. The counter for the total amount of channels or categories to publish to is located in parenthesis next to the Publish option on your screen.You can also use the Find in channels/categories fields to search for a channel or category.
- Tap Publish. Note that the counter represents each publish selection (whether it be channel or category). A progress bar is displayed.
Note that on your media page, the status is changed to Public.
You may logout, and continue to browse in Guest mode.