LACS 5800W: Scholarly Preparation in Latin America and Caribbean Studies
Instructor: Professor Audra Diptée
This course will provide scholarly preparation in Latin American and Caribbean Studies by requiring participation in public talks and a number of research ateliers in which students meet as a group to discuss their progress on their individual Masters projects.
- Examine and evaluate primary evidence related to individual research projects.
- Apply interdisciplinary methodologies to a specified research project.
- Develop strategies for organizing and writing an independent project related to Latin America and Caribbean Studies.
Student performance in this course will be evaluated as Satisfactory or Unsatisfactory. The elements of assessment will be comprised of the following two components:
- Attend specified Latin American and Caribbean Studies events during the semester.
- Participate in the LACS Research Atelier: Students will be required to meet bi-weekly throughout the Fall and Winter terms to discuss strategies for analyzing their research and discuss their progress on their Masters projects.