Graduate Student Exchange Programs
The Government of Canada offers scholarships as part of the Canadian Commonwealth Scholarship Program (CCSP) and Government of Canada Awards (GCA). These scholarships are tenable at recognized Canadian publicly funded universities that meet the requirements below.
The goal of the Graduate Students’ Exchange Program (GSEP) is to encourage Canadian universities to develop or expand their exchange programs. The objective is to provide opportunities for students of the eligible countries listed below to participate in exchange programs for a period of 4 to 6 months.
Mitacs-CALAREO Globalink Research Award
The Mitacs-CALAREO Globalink Research Award (GRA) offers $6000 to students or postdocs for short-term research visits to or from the following Latin American countries: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, and Mexico. Carleton faculty can either send or host visiting researchers, as this is both an inbound and outbound program. For more information please visit the following page on our website: https://carleton.ca/ci/mitacs-calareo-globalink-research-award-gra/. This is an open call but the number of awards is limited.
Please note that as Carleton’s visiting researcher program remains suspended and travel for research is restricted, applications for this program are being accepted and reviewed with the understanding that travel will not take place until restrictions are lifted.
For more information about the Mitacs-CALAREO Globalink Research Award, please contact Carleton International.
OAS Academic Scholarship Program
2020 Call for Applications for Graduate Studies and Research
In response to the COVID-19 crisis, the OAS will prioritize scholarship applications for online studies.
- Scholarships are awarded for full-time studies at any university in an OAS Member State,
including those participating in the OAS Consortium of Universities.
- Scholarships are not awarded to study at universities in the applicant’s sponsoring country.
- Study Modality: Onsite, Online or a combination of both.
- Duration: Scholarships are awarded for a minimum period of one (1) academic year and a
maximum period of two (2) academic years.
- Scholarship recipients must return and remain in the sponsoring country for a period of no less than twenty four (24) months after the program of study.
- Scholarship recipients pursuing online studies must agree to remain in the sponsoring country for the same period of time.
- Scholarships awarded for graduate studies and or research, should be framed within the
objectives and priorities established in the Comprehensive Strategic Plan of the Organization.
- Studies in the Medical Sciences and the learning of new languages are excluded from the Academic Program.
- OAS Staff members, OAS Consultants, Staff members of the Permanent Missions to the OAS, and their relatives are only eligible to apply for an Academic Scholarship after six months from the termination of their employment relationship or contract.
- Scholarships are subject to availability of OAS funding.
For more information about OAS Scholarship Program (Graduate) and application process, please consult http://www.oas.org/en/scholarships/Academic_Program_OAS_2020.asp