Applications have closed
Update: Shortlisted candidates are in the process of being interviewed.
In partnership with the Centre for Lebanese Studies at the Lebanese American University and our NGO partners, including Oxfam and CARE, we are now recruiting for three research placements in Lebanon and Jordan:
- Lebanon: Summer 2019: Youth Engagement
- Lebanon: Summer 2019: Education to Employment
- Jordan: Summer 2019: Education to Employment
LERRN will cover the following costs for the successful candidate:
- Economy round-trip airfare to Lebanon (and then to Amman for research placement in Jordan)
- Necessary domestic travel for the purposes of the project
- Modest accommodation and a stipend for meals for a maximum of eight weeks
- The cost of visa, research permit and vaccinations necessary for travel to Lebanon (and Jordan for the research placement in Jordan)
In addition, the Lebanon Working Group will provide support for:
- Reception and orientation in Beirut (and Amman for the Jordan placement)
- Supervision and mentorship during the fieldwork portion of the sub-project
- Administrative and logistical support for the in-country process of securing research permits and making necessary travel and logistical arrangements
Detailed Research Placement Profiles are below.
Applications are due by 1pm EST, Friday 01 March 2019. Short-listed candidates will be interviewed in mid-March 2019. Successful candidates will be notified by 31 March 2019.
RPPs in Lebanon:
RPP in Jordan:
Any questions? Contact: LERRN@carleton.ca