Carleton Dominion-Chalmers Centre (CDCC)
Carleton University has purchased the Dominion-Chalmers church building at Cooper and O’Connor Streets.
The Lifelong Learning Program (LLeaP) is excited to offer lectures and workshops in the new Carleton Dominion-Chalmers Centre (CDCC). You can view a virtual tour of the building here, and visit CDCC’s website, including details about accessibility, parking and other elements of visiting that location.
Our offerings in this beautiful location can be found on our lectures and workshops webpages for each session, when applicable.
The FAQs below include important information about transportation and parking options and costs.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Where is Carleton's Dominion-Chalmers Centre and how do I get there?
LLeaP participants can travel to CDCC by public transit, bicycle, car, ride-sharing, or on foot. The closest O-train stop is Parliament/Parlement O-Train East/Est.
You may see CDCC’s official address listed as 355 Cooper Street, but the parking lot and main entrance are on the Lisgar Street side of the building (which is also closest to the OC Transpo Confederation Line). This difference is significant if you are using GPS or a Map app to find your way, especially by driving, because of the one-way streets. For this reason, please use 290 Lisgar Street as the address.
Please click the ‘More options’ link in the map below to enter your location and get customized directions (by car, foot, transit or bicycle) to the 290 Lisgar Street address:
- Will there be parking?
Important: CDCC’s parking is managed by a third party (NOT Carleton), and reflects typical downtown parking costs. LLeaP cannot sell pre-paid permits, influence pricing, or guarantee parking spaces.
- All parking at the Carleton Dominion-Chalmers Centre lot will be Pay-As-You-Go (PAYG), as well as first-come first-served (and open to the general public).
- Parking is paid for via the machine in the parking lot.
- There are 50+ spots in the CDCC lot (including two spots for vehicles with accessible parking permits). However, LLeaP CANNOT guarantee the number of spots that will be available in the CDCC parking lot or surrounding area.
- For details about the parking machine, rates and more, see CDCC’s ‘Visiting’ webpage.
- Note: While CDCC’s official address is 355 Cooper Street, the parking lot and main entrance are on the Lisgar Street side of the building, which is also closest to the OC Transpo Transitway. If you wish to enter an address into your GPS or Map app for the parking lot or Lisgar entrance, use 290 Lisgar Street.