The Lifelong Learning Program (formerly known as the Learning in Retirement Program) typically offers five sessions of six-week series every year, for adults of all ages. Two sessions are offered in the fall (September – December), one in the winter (January – February), and two in the spring (March – June).
Each session typically offers a number of unique lecture series and writing workshops taught by experts in their field. Topics offered include art history, music, science, politics, history, religion, social studies, philosophy, memoir writing, and more.
When possible, single Lecture Presentations (two hours each) complement our regular sessions.
Early Spring 2023
- LLeaP will not offer lecture series in January/February 2023. However we will be back in March/April with an exciting new program of online and in-person series and workshops.
- Details will be posted on this page by the second week of February at the latest. In the meantime, join our email low volume mailing list to ensure you hear the latest news about lecture descriptions and registration dates, as well as free events at Carleton University. We are not producing printed brochures at this time.
Late Fall 2022
- Registration for the Lifelong Learning Program’s Late Fall session has closed and the series is currently in progress.
- For details about the Late Fall session offerings including descriptions and lecturer biographies, please visit our Late Fall session page.
Early Fall 2022
- If you would like to see the sessions offered from September to October 2022, see our Early Fall 2022 webpage.
Late Spring 2022
- If you would like to see the sessions offered from May to June 2022, see our Late Spring 2022 webpage.
Early Spring 2022
- If you would like to see what was offered from March to April 2022, see our Early Spring 2022 Session webpage.
- If you would like to see what was offered from February to March 2022, see our Winter 2022 Session webpage.
Late Fall 2021
- If you would like to see what was offered from November to December 2021, see our Late Fall 2021 webpage.
Early Fall 2021
- If you would like to see what was offered from September to October 2021, see our Early Fall 2021 webpage.
Late Spring 2021
- If you would like to see what was offered from May to June 2021, see our Late Spring 2021 webpage.
Early Spring 2021
- If you would like to see what was offered from March to April 2021, see our Early Spring 2021 webpage.