Welcome to Learning in Retirement’s Program Growth/Changes page. This page is dedicated to providing information surrounding the Learning in Retirement (LinR) program.
- In 2019, the Learning in Retirement is proud to offer lectures/workshops at two locations! Both at Carleton University’s main campus and at the Carleton Dominion-Chalmers Centre (CDCC).
- In 2018, the widely popular One-Time Evening Lectures, were re-named to Single Lecture Presentations and offered during both the daytime and evening hours.
- After a successful pilot project in Summer 2017, the Learning in Retirement program introduced a new language workshop stream, offering non-credit language workshops in small-class settings at Carleton University.
- During 2017, for the first time, LinR began to feature one-time evening lectures in a variety of thought-provoking topics throughout the months of May and October. This new lecture format coupled with its usual day-time, 6-week lecture series format has proved to be very popular and as such has resulted in great interest by our community of eager life-long learners!
- During the summer of 2016, the LinR program is pleased to announce a new summer session. The Summer 2016 Session will run over four weeks during the month of June.
- During the summer of 2014, the LinR program conducted another detailed growth survey with previous and current LinR participants.
- In the spring of 2014, the LinR program grew and offered a second Spring Session. The Learning in Retirement program is proud to now offer a total of 5 Sessions per year.
- In February 2013, the LinR program conducted a detailed survey with previous and current LinR participants. Please click here to read a summary of the survey’s results.