Academic Change Form – used for Extension, LOA, Reinstatement and Status Change – Students who have valid reasons for changing status from full-time to part-time prior to registration for a term may apply for permission by:

  • writing to the Dean of the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs stating the reason(s) for seeking exemption from the full-time registration requirements stated in 7.9
  • by completing a Academic Change Form, accompanied by a statement from the departmental graduate supervisor/associate chair (graduate affairs)  – and the thesis supervisor, if applicable  – in support of their request.

It is understood that such a status change will be granted only in exceptional cases (e.g. for medical reasons).  Exemptions are normally granted for a term.

Registration Change Form – used for Course withdrawal, waive late fees, withdrawal from thesis – Students who have valid reasons for changing registration status prior to registration for a term may apply for permission by:

  • by completing the Registration Change Form accompanied by a statement in regards to the reason for which you wish to change your Registration.

Directed Studies – Student carries out a study, analysis, and solution of an engineering problem. Results presented in the form of a written report.

Independent Study – For M.Eng. students, the course content must relate to their field of study or it will not count towards their degree.