Data Structures and Graph Algorithms, grades 9-10* (Online)
*Refers to the level of mathematics and not to the actual age.
Prior experience with computer programming is required. This course is suitable for students who have passed our enrichment courses Computer Algorithms I or Computer Algorithms II.
This course is a sequel to Computer Algorithms I course. Coding in this course will be done in C, with an option to use Python for home assignments. We will use online platforms to run the code, thus installing software on your computer is not required.
The following topics will be covered:
- Algorithms review – flowchart and pseudocode
- Abstract Data Types – Stacks, Queues and Trees
- Implementation of Stacks, Queues and Trees (Coding)
- Matrices review – Representation of Adjacency matrix
- Examples of graph algorithms that could be covered:
- Minimal Spanning Tree – Prim’s and Kruskal algorithm
- Maximum Flow – Ford-Fulkerson algorithm
- Shortest path – Dijkstra’s algorithm
- Implementation of graph algorithms (Coding)
- Analysis of graph algorithms
2022/23 Course Information
This course will run online on Thursdays 5:30-7:00pm from September 22, 2022 to April 2023 with a break in December.
We reserve the right to cancel the course with a full refund if minimum enrollment is not reached.
Registration fee: $450 + HST.
If you are registering after September 19, please email the course Instructor firstname.lastname@example.org
to let them know that you are registered.
For students with limited financial resources fee waivers may be available. If you intend to apply for a fee waiver, please do NOT complete the regular registration. If you register for the course and then get approval for a fee waiver, there will be a non-refundable administration fee of $25 per registration.
100% refund prior to August 31st
95% refund prior to September 30th
75% refund prior to October 31st
50% refund prior to November 30th
To request refund, please complete this form before the deadline.
For details please write to email@example.com.
**Please note we are unable to answer any enquiries by phone.**