Minor in Medieval and Early Modern Studies (MEMS)
This minor is available to all undergraduate students, requiring the completion of 4.0 credits in approved courses.
- Students must complete both core courses of the MEMS program (MEMS 2001 and 3001).
- Students must complete 2.0 credits from Approved Medieval and Early Modern Studies Electives at the 2000-level or higher. 1.0 credit in approved language training may count towards these credits.
- Students must complete 1.0 credit from Approved Medieval and Early Modern Studies Electives at the 3000-level of higher (see below);
- Students must take electives (items 2 and 3) in at least two separate departments to ensure interdisciplinary coverage.
- Other courses may be substituted for the credits specified in items 2 and 3, when material on Medieval and Early Modern topics is central to the course. Such substitutions (and language credits) must be individually approved by the program coordinator, Marc Saurette. Students are encouraged to consult course descriptions of Special Topics courses in the related academic units.
Approved Medieval and Early Modern Studies Electives
The following departments contribute courses that are approved electives for the minor. Click on the name of each department for a list of possible courses: