- Friday, November 4, 2022, 1:00-2:00 pm – Lyndsey Hoh-Copeland (University of Toronto)
“Touching Online: Aural Techniques in ASMR and Audio Porn”
- Friday,, December 2, 2022, 1:00-2:00 pm – Valentina Bertolani (Marie Sklodowska Curie Postdoctoral Fellow, 2021-2023, MSSC):
“The composer archive: history and problems of a technology.”
- Friday, February 17, 2023, 2:00-3:00 pm, in person, Jacob Siskind Music Cenre – Michael Macdonald (MacEwan University) “The Twin Ecstasies of CineWorlding”
- Friday, March 3, 2023, (2:00-3:00 pm via zoom) –Robert Strachan (University of Liverpool): “Technology, Materiality and the Virtual in Contemporary Popular Music Cultures” Zoom-link: https://carleton-ca.zoom.us/j/91966600400
- March 24 (time t.b.a., via Zoom): Kyra Gaunt (University of Albany), Grad Symposium keynote address (title t.b.a.). Dr. Gaunt’s presentation will examine how music reproduces racism and sexploitation online, based on case studies including YouTube to Wikipedia. Zoom-link: t.b.a.
Details to follow.
For more information, please contact James.Wright@carleton.ca.
View the archive of past colloquia.