The School for Studies in Art and Culture at Carleton University has a number of Music students, alumni and faculty members who are professional musicians and are available to perform at engagements around the campus as well as the greater Ottawa area. Please read the information below before proceeding to the Booking Form
- Other styles are available (if “other,” please describe briefly on the booking form below)
Musicians and Ensembles available:
- String ensembles (trio, quartet, quintet etc.)
- Brass and/or wind ensembles and soloists
- other chamber music ensembles (renaissance, baroque, classical, etc.)
- Piano soloists
- Vocalists (with or without accompaniment)
- Singer-songwriters (piano and/or guitar)
- Jazz ensembles (duos, trios and larger groups, with or without vocalist)
- Rock/pop/easy listening/ funk/soul/gospel ensembles
- Celtic duo or trio
- African drumming ensembles
Suggested Combo or Soloist Formats Available:
- string duo
- string trio
- string quartet
- piano soloist
- piano and flute duo
- classical guitar soloist
- classical guitar and flute duo
- jazz: duo, trio, quartet
- singer-songwriter soloist
- pop combo
- Celtic duo or trio (piano, fiddle, Celtic voice, Celtic harp with optional bass or Uilleann pipes)
- African drumming ensemble
Dress Code required:
- business casual
- Each musician should receive remuneration of $100 per hour for the first hour, and $50 per hour for each subsequent hour (or part thereof).
For example, if a trio played for 2.5 hours, they would be paid $200 each for a total of $600 ($100 for the first hour, $50 for the second hour and $50 for the next part of the final hour, x 3 musicians).
- Internal on-campus clients: The School for Studies in Art and Culture will manage remunerating the musicians. Once fees have been finalized, you will be invoiced for the agreed upon fee. Payment will be due within 30 days of the event.
- External off-campus clients: When a booking has been confirmed, please coordinate payment with musicians directly (email addresses will be provided). Cheques should normally be delivered to the musicians at the time of the event.
Other forms (printable PDF files, these are for the Student Performers’ use only):