NPSIA-PT&D’s Professional Certificate in Intergovernmental Negotiating program is built upon the SageBargaining™ method created by our instructors Dr. Brian Tomlin and Dr. Michael Dolan. The workshop itself is designed to equip participants with fundamental negotiating skills through a combination of lectures from experienced practitioners and exercises and negotiation simulations that use the SageBargaining™ approach (learn more by scrolling below).
Dates: Tuesday February 25 to Friday February 28, 2020
Registration: registration for the February 2020 workshop is now open – please download the registration form here.
Location: Room 3112 River Building Carleton University, Ottawa, ON.
Time: 9 AM to 4:30 PM daily
Parking: available on campus
Fee: *Special Fee* until September 27, 2019: $ 1,500.00 + HST
Program fees then revert to: $ 1,800 + HST.
NPSIA and NPSIA-PT&D alumni along with members of the Ottawa Diplomatic Association may register at the alumni rate of $ 1,675 + HST after September 27, 2019.
Skills learnt in this workshop are applicable to informal processes and in more formal negotiations, at both bilateral and multilateral levels. The emphasis is on developing those capabilities needed to achieve the best outcomes when undertaking complex negotiations.
This SAGE Bargaining™ workshop is comprised of two steps:
- Step 1 – Intergovernmental Bilateral Negotiations (2 days) and
- Step 2 – Intergovernmental Multilateral Negotiations (2 days).
Learning objectives in this course include:
- The choice of the optimal outcome.
- The design and execution of a negotiating strategy to achieve the optimal outcome.
- The importance of continuous preparation before and during the negotiations.
- The management of the process of negotiations.
- The deployment of negotiating techniques.
- The role of presentation and the importance of listening and comprehension.
- The ability to react quickly to changed circumstances.
- The capacity to explain the process and the outcome to different audiences.
To learn more about the SAGE Bargaining™ method please click here.
Open to all practitioners of Intergovernmental Affairs management who have a mandate or responsibility to undertake and / or support bargaining / negotiation activities.
About the workshop…
For a detailed description of the workshop please consult the downloadable, pdf notice here.