NPSIA-PT&D’s Professional Certificate in Intergovernmental Negotiating program is built upon the SageBargaining™ method created by our instructors Dr. Brian Tomlin and Dr. Michael Dolan. The workshop itself is designed to equip participants with fundamental negotiating skills through a combination of lectures from experienced practitioners and exercises and negotiation simulations that use the SageBargaining™ approach (learn more by scrolling below).
Dates: Tuesday February 20 to Friday February 23, 2018
Registration: registration is now open. Please download the registration form here.
Time: 9 AM to 4:30 PM daily
Location: Room 3112 River Building Carleton University, Ottawa, ON.
Program Fee: Special Fee until December 8, 2017: $ 1,500 + HST = $ 1,695.00
Fees then revert to Early registration ($ 2,000 + HST) until February 2, 2018 and then Regular registration ($ 2,600 + HST). NPSIA and NPSIA-PT&D alumni along with members of the Ottawa Diplomatic Association may register at the alumni rate of $ 1,900 + HST.
Skills learnt in this workshop are applicable to informal processes and in more formal negotiations, at both bilateral and multilateral levels. The emphasis is on developing those capabilities needed to achieve the best outcomes when undertaking complex negotiations.
This SAGE Bargaining™ workshop is comprised of two steps:
- Step 1 – Intergovernmental Bilateral Negotiations (2 days) and
- Step 2 – Intergovernmental Multilateral Negotiations (2 days).
Learning objectives in this course include:
- The choice of the optimal outcome.
- The design and execution of a negotiating strategy to achieve the optimal outcome.
- The importance of continuous preparation before and during the negotiations.
- The management of the process of negotiations.
- The deployment of negotiating techniques.
- The role of presentation and the importance of listening and comprehension.
- The ability to react quickly to changed circumstances.
- The capacity to explain the process and the outcome to different audiences.
To learn more about the SAGE Bargaining™ method please click here.
Open to all practitioners of Intergovernmental Affairs management who have a mandate or responsibility to undertake and / or support bargaining / negotiation activities.
About the workshop…
For a detailed description of the workshop please consult the downloadable, pdf notice here.