How to appeal a ticket:
Have you received a parking ticket on the grounds of the Carleton University campus that you would like to appeal?
Follow these steps to appeal your ticket:
- Log on to your account or create an account at carleton.parkadmin.com
- Ensure that the vehicle that received the ticket is registered to your account. To register a vehicle, click on “Vehicles” at the top of the screen
- Click on “Appeals” at the top of the screen
- Select the violation you would like to appeal, write and submit your appeal
You will receive a decision via email within two (2) weeks of submitting your appeal. Please ensure that your ParkAdmin profile contains a valid/correct email address, as Parking Services will not be responsible for any misdirected communications from the ParkAdmin system. Decisions are final and binding.
Please note that tickets issued on campus may not immediately display on the system as handheld ticket writers operate in an off-line mode. If the ticket number that you are trying to appeal does not return on your initial query attempt, please allow twenty-four (24) hours for the ticket to download into the ParkAdmin system.
You must appeal your ticket within fourteen (14) days from the issue date – late appeals will NOT be accepted. Ticket numbers that have passed appeal date eligibility will not return when/if queried in the ParkAdmin system.
Please note: By appealing your parking violation ticket, you automatically forgo the early payment discount should the ticket be upheld.
Grounds for an Appeal
Parking Services will NOT consider granting any appeal based on the following grounds:
- Ignorance of the Carleton University Parking and Traffic Regulations
- Failure to observe signs posted throughout campus.
- Unauthorized parking for only short periods of time.
- Not having proper change or payment card(s) to pay for parking.
- Claiming that the CALE parking meter was not working – other machines and payment methods are available!
- Lack of convenient parking or “close” parking.
- An entity other than Campus Safety Services (Parking Services) provided authorization for “special” parking arrangements.
- Inclement weather.
- Incorrect make, colour, etc. Please note that the only piece of vehicle information that must be correct is the licence plate details.