Appealing a Parking Offence Notice…please read the following before appealing your ticket.
Have you received a parking ticket on the grounds of the Carleton University campus that you would like to appeal? You must appeal your parking ticket online by following the link to the Online Appeal System within ParkAdmin. Please note that tickets issued on campus may not immediately display on the system as handheld ticket writers operate in an off-line mode. If the ticket number that you are trying to appeal does not return on your initial query attempt, please allow twenty-four (24) hours for the ticket to download into the ParkAdmin system.
Grounds for an Appeal
Parking Services will NOT consider granting any appeal based on the following grounds:
- Ignorance of the Carleton University Parking and Traffic Regulations as found on this website.
- Failure to observe signs posted throughout campus.
- Unauthorized parking for only short periods of time.
- Not having proper change or payment card(s) to pay for parking.
- Claiming that the CALE parking meter was not working – other machines and payment methods are available!
- Lack of convenient parking or “close” parking.
- An entity other than Campus Safety Services (Parking Services) provided authorization for “special” parking arrangements.
- Inclement weather.
- Incorrect make, colour, etc. Please note that the only piece of vehicle information that must be correct is the licence plate details.
Parking violation appeal decisions will be made at the discretion of the Parking Appeals Officer. The appellant will be notified of their appeal decision via email within 10 business days. Please ensure that your ParkAdmin profile contains a valid/correct email address as Parking Services will not be responsible for any misdirected communications from the ParkAdmin system. Decisions are final and binding.
You must appeal your ticket within fourteen (14) days from the issue date – late appeals will NOT be accepted. Ticket numbers that have passed appeal date eligibility will not return when/if queried in the ParkAdmin system.