Parking Fees Reinstated Fall 2021 for Staff and Faculty
As staff and faculty permit holders know, parking permit fees have been suspended since March 2020 due to the restricted access to campus. While parking fees on campus will be reinstated effective Sept. 1, 2021, permit holders will not be charged for September, since they were charged for April 2020 when permits were not used.
To reflect the university’s plans for the fall, Parking Services wanted to make the following information available to permit holders:
Payroll Permit Holders
- Parking permit fee deductions will resume on the first pay in October (Oct. 14)
- No action is required on your part to renew your permit, it will renew automatically.
- If you no longer require your parking permit, you will need to notify Parking Services (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Sept. 15, 2021 otherwise you will be charged for your permit.
- If you will be on campus infrequently and do not wish to renew your parking permit, a discounted visitor rate will be available to staff and faculty from September 2021 – April 2022 via the HotSpot mobile app. In order to be eligible for this rate, staff/faculty must:
- be a Full-Time Continuing staff/faculty member;
- contact Parking Services by email (email@example.com)
- maintain a current ParkAdmin account;
- subscribe to the Hotspot Parking App; and
- park their registered vehicle in one of three designated campus parking areas.
These parking areas are offered daily on a first-come, first-served basis:
P9 Parking Garage Levels 1-3 Visitor Parking
P5 Permit Section (not the Visitor Parking Section)
P18 Parking Garage (Any Level)
A special Hotspot code will be required to access the discounted rate. This will be made available to staff and faculty upon enrolment to the Program.
There are detailed HotSpot registration instructions available for reference.
Yearly Permit Holders
- Your yearly permit will be available for renewal as of July 19, 2021 through your ParkAdmin account at carleton.parkadmin.com
- The price of your permit will reflect the pro-rated October 2021 price.
- You will have until Sept. 30, 2021 to renew your permit. Any permits not renewed by this date will be released.
- Your permit will be valid until April 30, 2022.
- If you will be on campus infrequently and do not wish to renew your parking permit, a discounted visitor rate will be available to staff and faculty from September 2021 – April 2022 via the HotSpot mobile app. More details will be available about this option at a later date.
For more information, please visit the Parking Services Return to Campus FAQs page.