Get your foot in the door to start your career in biotech. Gain valuable work experience and skills needed to develop your career in Canada’s bio-economy.
- Gain valuable work experience and skills
- Establish a network of bio-economy contacts
- Develop personally and professionally
- Approach potential employers with a subsidized wage offer in-hand once you are eligible
Who is eligible?
In order to participate in the Opportunities Funds wage subsidy program as a potential placement employee, you must:
- Self-identify as having a permanent physical or mental disability that restricts your ability to perform daily activities
- Be legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial legislation and regulations
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person who has been granted refugee status in Canada
- Require assistance to prepare for, obtain and keep employment or self-employment
- Be unemployed or working less than an average of 20 hours per week
- Not be eligible for assistance under EI employment benefits
Apply here: Opportunities Fund Wage Subsidy Program