You may wish to take advantage of a lull in active employment by investing time in building up your employability for future opportunities.
Updating your Resume, Cover Letter and/or CV:
Career Services has compiled a number of guides and resources related to resumes, cover letters, and CVs. The page includes information and links to resources about:
- Three different types of resumes and what each type should include
- How to decide when to use a resume vs. CV
- Tips for writing cover letters
- …and more
Please note that as of March 17th, 2020 Career Services has gone completely virtual, and all offerings and services are available using videoconferencing, phone, or email. For more details please visit their webpage.
Career Services has also compiled resources for networking and networking advice:
- Dispelling common networking myths
- Tips for writing an approach email
- Making the most of networking events
Carleton students are able to access LinkedIn Learning at no extra cost. Information and instructions for accessing this resource can be found on the Current Students webpage.
Completing a free LinkedIn Learning course is an excellent way to develop a LinkedIn presence or strengthen your current one.