This news post is more than one year old and has been retained for archive purposes. The information below may no longer be relevant.
This fall may be your first time or first time in a while on campus. To make the start of your fall 2022 term a positive experience, here are 5 tips to soften the landing and assist with the transition back to campus.
- Pick up your Campus Card and U-Pass from the Campus Card Office, 407 University Centre, if you have not already done so.
- Login to Brightspace to see if your professors have posted their course outlines and other important information you need before classes begin. New to Brightspace? ITS has prepared a list of technical support for the fall.
- Check out the Return of the Ravens schedule of academic skills building and social programming and activities designed to ensure all new and returning students (undergraduate and graduate) have a successful return to an in-person, on-campus university experience. These activities span over 5 weeks from Sept 7 to Oct 13. This is a good opportunity for you to network, make connections, gain a new skill or take a tour of the campus.
- Research the availability and cost of your textbooks through various sources including the Carleton University Bookstore, Haven Books, Amazon, Kijiji Ottawa etc.
- Lastly, don’t forget to request accommodations for the fall term on Ventus, our new accommodation management system. If you need to book an appointment (in-person or virtual) with your PMC coordinator to set your accommodations and supports for the fall, please contact email@example.com or 613-520-6608.