Throughout the year, the Paul Menton Centre organizes a variety of events around the Ottawa community to promote disability awareness, research and accessibility. Event Volunteers receive training for the specific event(s), and their responsibilities will vary but can include greeting, directing or guiding guests, helping with ad hoc requests from the event manager or facilitating interactive event components. Event volunteers are flexible and always excited to take on a new challenge.
- Ability to adapt and work with the flow of the event, and problem solve on the spot
- You are reliable and dependable, as you will be working with a team
- Excellent communication skills, as you will be working with a variety of different people
- Develop and use communication and interpersonal skills in a professional setting
- Opportunity to demonstrate skills in working effectively as part of a collaborative team
- Opportunity to perform a variety of tasks and fine-tune various skills
- Opportunity to demonstrate organizational and problem-solving skills related to effective event management
Benefits of Volunteering:
- Excellent addition to résumé (Letter of reference available upon request)
- Increased awareness of accessibility and accommodations at Carleton and in the Ottawa community
- Recognition of volunteer time on your transcript through the Carleton Co-Curricular Record (CCR)
Average Time Commitment: varies depending on specific event and event training.
Deadline to Apply: Ongoing
If you are interested in becoming an Event Volunteer, please apply below.
If you have any questions or concerns please email us at email@example.com with the subject line: PMC Volunteer — Events.