Awarded on the recommendation of the Director of the Paul Menton Centre, to outstanding students with a documented permanent physical disability entering a program of study within the Faculty of Engineering, the Faculty of Science, the Arthur Kroeger College of Public Affairs or in a program in Accounting. Recipients will demonstrate leadership, academic excellence and be committed to making a difference in their larger communities.
Preference will be given to students in financial need. This award may be continued for three consecutive years of undergraduate study provided the recipient maintains full-time enrolment in an undergraduate degree program, upholds good academic standing and continues to demonstrate financial need. If the award is lost in one year, it cannot be regained in subsequent years.
For the 2020/2021 academic year, the award is valued at $5000 and renewable for three years at $5000. Application is required. Established in 2019 by Daryl Rock BA/86, MA/88.
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada (landed immigrant or protected person)
- Documented permanent physical disability
- Registered with the PMC
- Entering first year of an undergraduate degree program in the Faculty of Engineering, the Faculty of Science, the Arthur Kroeger College of Public Affairs or in a program in Accounting
- Demonstrates academic promise
- Shows leadership in making a difference in their communities
- Full-time enrolment
- Complete all five sections of the application form
- Provide one letter of recommendation
- Return application and supporting documents to: Paul Menton Centre at email@example.com by application deadline