Event Volunteers provide support during PMC-organized events, such as greeting, directing, or guiding guests; helping with in-the-moment requests from the event manager/supervisor; event wrap-up and post-event support. Event Volunteers mingle with guests and work with the Event Coordinator to help ensure that all aspects of the event run smoothly and that guest-needs are attended to in a timely and professional manner.
Position Details and Expectations
Event Volunteers must
- Check-in with supervisors
- Annually for availability
- Regularly for scheduling
- Complete the AODA and PMC training (provided)
- Arrive on time and prepared for scheduled shiftts
- Be patient, empathetic, and maintain confidentiality
Event Volunteers should
- Be flexible and have strong problem-solving skills as tasks and duties are based on each individual event
- Have and maintain excellent interpersonal, communication, and teamwork skills
- Possess the ability to remain calm and think critically in a range of situations
Event Volunteers should know that
- Work environment noise levels are determined by event and setting
- Events take place on Carleton Campus, unless otherwise specified and discussed with the volunteer for availability
- Flexible – hours range from four to ten per event, depending on event specifics
- Time of day varies by event
Benefits to Joining the PMC Community
- Contribute to the culture of accessibility and effect positive change at Carleton University
- Acquire sought after knowledge, skills and experiences for future employment
- Gain references and experience to put on your resume and discuss at your interview
- Recognition of volunteer time on your transcript through the Carleton Co-Curricular Record (CCR)
The Paul Menton Centre welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If you are interested in becoming an Event Volunteer, please apply below.
If you have any questions or concerns please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: PMC Volunteer — Events.