The MVP (Mentor Volunteer Program) was founded to assist first-year students with disabilities in their transition to University. The program also assists upper year students that would benefit from a mentor relationship.
The program has been designed so that Mentees will benefit in the following ways:
- peer assistance to feel connected with the university,
- mentors to encourage quick adjustments in learning and study habits,
- help students access existing supports and to navigate through campus resources
- offer assistance in coping with academic problems, and
- help students adapt to their new social environment.