Urgent Request Volunteers are jacks of all trade! Their tasks include guiding students with visual impairments on campus, typing verbatim textbooks, notes or assignments for students who are unable to do so efficiently, and helping students with general MS Word/Excel inquires. The time commitment varies, providing a flexible schedule.
Ideal candidates have an eye for detail, a drive for efficiency, and patience and empathy when working with people.
- You are dependable, reliable and able to maintain confidentiality
- You are patient and empathetic while working with others
- You are adaptable and willing to perform a variety of tasks
- You are able to work quickly and accurately, paying close attention to detail
- Opportunity to learn about a wide range of disabilities and issues related to disability services at the post-secondary level
- Opportunity to learn adaptive technologies (e.g., Inspiration©, Dragon NS©, and Kurzweil 3000©)
Benefits of Volunteering:
- Excellent addition to résumé (Letter of reference available upon request)
- Increased awareness of inclusion and accommodation
- The personal satisfaction of helping to make someone’s experience at the post-secondary level a positive one
- Recognition of volunteer time on your transcript through the Carleton Co-Curricular Record (CCR)
Fill out the form below to apply to be an Urgent Request Volunteer.
If you have any questions please email us at: