Welcome to Political Science!
The faculty and staff in Political Science are committed to ensuring your first year in the program is enjoyable and successful. This page has links to information and opportunities to get you started!
The Political Science Undergraduate Office can support you in planning your program, selecting courses, and achieving other academic goals.
Your undergraduate program advisor in the Department is Sarah Landry. Reach out to Sarah if you have any questions as you get started!
Planning Your First Year
- Activate your Carleton student email account
- Consult the New Student Checklist for registration, finances, and academic guidelines
- Get your Campus Card and your Transit Pass (U-PASS)
- Take note of important dates and deadlines for the 2022-2023 Academic year.
First Year Registration
Before you register, consult these guides for degree requirements and courses:
To begin registration:
- Follow the Registrar’s Step-by-step Guide (with videos)
- Consult the Political Science registration page for information on PSCI courses, and more assistance
Sunday, September 4 to Friday, September 9, 2022
Fall Orientation provides incoming students with a week packed full of fun activities, a chance to make new friends, and an opportunity to gain the necessary skills to help transition to university life at Carleton. Be sure to register!
Academic Orientation Day (AOD)
Tuesday, September 6, 2022
Academic orientation introduces incoming students to the Faculty of Public Affairs and the Department of Political Science. You’ll have a chance to meet your peers, as well as upper year students and faculty from the Department!
The CU 1001 program is a free online experience that provides new students with an introduction to the Carleton community over the summer months. Register Now!
First Year Connections (FYC)
New Carleton students are matched with upper year Peer Mentors for the first six weeks of the
Fall term. Register for FYC!
Carleton Student Services
Carleton’s Student Services website is where you’ll find things like:
- Student Experience Office (SEO)
- International Student Services Office (ISSO)
- Paul Menton Centre (PMC) for Students with Disabilities
- Health and Counselling Services