About the Building
The University Centre, commonly known as the Unicentre, is a focal point for student life at Carleton. Inside you will find:
- Student-run CKCU-FM radio
- The Bookstore
- The University’s student newspaper The Charlatan
- Information Carleton
- International Student Services Office
- The Paul Menton Centre for Persons with Disabilities
- A variety of student clubs and organizations, classrooms, pubs, eateries, banking machines and a variety store
About the Renaming Process
Carleton is situated on the traditional, unceded and unsurrendered territory of the Algonquin Nation. We are engaging Algonquin communities – notably Kitigan Zibi and Pikwakanagan – and Algonquin students at Carleton to form an Algonquin Advisory Council that will lead the renaming process for this building: a significant step that goes beyond land recognition. Importantly, this is an Algonquin-led process that will be determined by the advisory council. Algonquin students can indicate their interest to participate by emailing NewNames@carleton.ca.
The New Names for New Times Co-Chairs are gathering the Carleton community’s collective impressions of this building. Submit your comments online. Additional consultation opportunities will be communicated as details are finalized.