Carleton University offers full time (faculty, instructors, and librarians), part time (contract instructors), and honorary academic appointments. For a full list and current openings, please see Academic Jobs.
Carleton’s full time faculty include faculty, instructors, and librarians who are hired in accordance with the Academic Hiring Policy and Procedures and the Collective Agreement (see links below).
All search committee members should make themselves familiar with the following documents:
- CU/CUASA Collective Agreement
- Academic Hiring Policy and Procedures
- Guidelines on the Appointment by the President of Senior Academic Administrators (as appropriate)
- Academic Recruitment Guide (Equity Guide)
- Guidelines on the Retention and Disposal of Faculty Personnel Records
Chairs of Search Committees should also request access to the Faculty Affairs Toolbox (intranet) from the Manager, Faculty Affairs for internal tools and resources (including confidentiality statements, etc).