Mandate Working Group (2011-2012)
In March 2010, the Government of Ontario announced its “Open Ontario Plan,” which calls for the expansion of the number of university spaces by 34,000 undergraduate and 6,000 graduate students and stresses: new relationships between universities and colleges; new modes of program delivery; increasing international enrolments; and the need to respond to demographic changes in the province. Under this plan, the government will seek to enter a formal agreement with each university focused on “differentiation” – what defines each university within the Ontario system and identifying strengths and areas for growth.
To prepare for upcoming discussions with the province, Carleton, under the auspices of the Provost and Vice-President (Academic), has established a Provincial Mandate Working Group. The Mandate Working Group is committed to consulting with the Carleton community. Below are some materials that provide background and further information about our work. Additional material will be posted as we proceed with our consultations and deliberations.
The Mandate Working Group is comprised of:
- Katherine Graham, Interim Associate Vice-President (Academic) (Chair);
- Ian Calvert, Assistant Vice-President (Institutional Research and Planning);
- Mark Forbes, Associate Vice-President (Research);
- Rafik Goubran, Dean, Faculty of Engineering and Design; and
- John Shepherd, Dean, Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs and Associate-Provost, Quality Assurance
Questions on the Provincial Mandate Working Group and its work can be directed to: email@example.com.
Click here to view Carleton’s Strategic Mandate Agreement Proposal.
|Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences||Tuesday, January 31||1:30 p.m. to 3 p.m.||2017 Dunton Tower|
|Open Meeting for All Carleton Staff||Wednesday, February 1||9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.||Senate Room|
|Faculty of Engineering and Design||Monday, Feb. 6, 2015||9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m.||Senate Room|
|Open Meeting for All Carleton Staff||Wednesday, Feb. 8, 2015||12:30 p.m. to 2 p.m.||Senate Room|
|Sprott School of Business||Friday, Feb. 10, 2015||2 p.m. to 4 p.m.||2017 Dunton Tower|
|Faculty of Public Affairs||Wednesday, Feb. 15, 2015||9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.||Loeb B146|
- MTCU Mandate Agreement Submissions Template
- Senate Presentation (April 27, 2012)
- Mandate Working Group Final Report
- Town Hall Presentation (January 19, 2012)
- Context for the Provincial Mandate Working Group
- Ministry Announcement of Intent to Negotiate New Agreements with Institutions
- January 19: Mandate Working Group Town Hall (January 11, 2012)
- The Mandate Review (November 18, 2011)