This project is only open to women applicants.
Successful applicants will fit into one of the following defining categories:
- Doctoral Researcher – An individual who has completed all course work and is at the dissertation stage of their PhD.
- Post-doctoral Researcher – An individual, who is conducting research after the completion of their PhD, who usually works under the mentorship of a lead researcher or a principal investigator.
- Early Career Researcher – An individual with a PhD, who has demonstrated strong evidence of work as an independent researcher, has led his/her own laboratory or research project for 4-6 years or is in a tenure-track position at a degree-granting institution.
The applicants must be a citizen from one of the following West African countries:
Benin, Burkina Faso, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo, Cote d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Togo
Area of Research
The research of successful applicants will fall into one of the following areas:
- Climate-Resilient Food Systems
- Education and Science
- Ethics in Development Research
- Global Health
- Democratic and Inclusive Governance
- Sustainable Inclusive Economies
All scholars must be mobile and willing to travel. Travel may occur across West Africa and/or to Canada where feasible and permissible. Please note, we are unfortunately unable to support childcare.