This project is entirely women centered as such only female candidates will be considered.
Successful applicants will fit into one of the following defining categories:
- Doctoral Researcher – An individual who has completed all course work and is at the dissertation stage of their PhD.
- Post-doctoral Researcher – An individual, who is conducting research after the completion of their PhD, who usually works under the mentorship of a lead researcher or a principal investigator.
- Early Career Researcher – An individual with a PhD, who has demonstrated strong evidence of work as an independent researcher, has led his/her own laboratory or research project for 4-6 years or is in a tenure-track position at a degree-granting institution.
The applicants must be a citizen from one of the following West African countries:
Benin, Burkina Faso, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo, Cote d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Togo
Area of Research
The research of successful applicants will fall into one of the following areas:
- Climate resilience and sustainable food systems
- Education and innovation systems
- Ethics in development research
- Health equity
- Inclusive governance
- Sustainable inclusive growth
All scholars must be mobile and willing to travel. Travel may occur across West Africa or to Canada where permissible. Please note, we are unfortunately unable to support childcare.