Open call for members of Domain Area Committees
The Network has identified a need for five Domain Area Committees (DACs):
- Research, Design and Innovation
- Education and Training
- Community Engagement
The DACs will deal with matters referred to them by the Governing Council (GC) and by the Advisory Council (AC) as well as those matters identified by respective committees. In all instances, the DACs will make recommendations to the GC for its approval, unless the GC has specifically provided the DACs with the authority to act on a certain matter or matters on behalf of the GC.
The main purpose of each DAC will be to:
- Assist the GC and AC to identify, assess, pursue and implement DAC-related opportunities to ensure that CAN meets its organizational objectives;
- Help develop, implement and promote DAC-related policies, procedures and practices related to accessibility, disability and/or inclusion across the Network; and
- Assist the GC to fulfil the Network’s commitments to its partner organizations and primary stakeholders regarding DAC-related issues.
For more information on the Domain Area Committees, please view the DRAFT Terms of Reference for each Committee, which will be reviewed and/or revised, and approved at the direction of the respective DACs, during their first scheduled meetings.
- Terms of Reference for the Community Engagement Committee
- Terms of Reference for the Employment Committee
- Terms of Reference for the Education and Training Committee
- Terms of Reference for the Policy Committee
- Terms of Reference for the Research, Design and Innovation Committee
Accepting Volunteer Applications
NOW accepting volunteer applications for Members of each Domain Area Committee. Check out Elections & Call for Members for application requirements and deadlines. The application process is open until further notice. More Info
Contact the CAN National Office Corporate Secretary, Julie Caldwell at email@example.com or call 613-878-5842.