Open Call for Volunteer Applications for CAN Domain Area Committee Members
We are now accepting applications for volunteer subject matter experts to assist in the on-going work and priorities for the following Domain Area Committee (DAC) working groups, listed below:
- Community Engagement (5-6 volunteer openings)
- Education and Training (5-6 volunteer openings)
- Employment (3-4 volunteer openings)
Learn More about the Domain Area Committee Working Groups
Visit here for more information on each Domain Area Committee (DAC) working group, and their goals and priorities for the coming operating year, or the upcoming schedule of meetings.
How to Apply
If you believe you have the skills, knowledge and expertise that we are looking for, and you are available for the various meeting dates and times as noted for each DAC we invite you apply.
- The Community Engagement Member Application Form
- The Education & Training Member Application Form
- The Employment Member Application Form
Please download and complete the application form for the Domain Area Committee Working Group that you are interested in. Please submit application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed beginning August 16th and will remain open until further notice.
Eligibility to Apply
- Please note that while we welcome applications to sit on multiple DACs, we do limit positions to one per member. If you have expertise that would be well suited with more than one DAC, please complete an application for EACH DAC of interest, and make a note in your email regarding your preference for the priority of which group you would like to be considered for.
- It is also important to note that as a pan-Canadian network, CAN welcomes applications from candidates that meet the following areas of priority: geographic location (currently seeking membership in Western, Central, Quebec and Eastern Canada), lived experience (self-declaration not required and is an optional section on the application), E.D.I. consideration, as well as subject matter expertise as it relates to the needs and priorities for each DAC.
- Ideally, applicants should be available to attend each of the scheduled meetings for the Domain Area Committee that they are applying to. Some exceptions will be considered.