Do you have a big IDeA?
The Council of Ontario Universities, in partnership with the Government of Ontario, is excited to announce the return of the Innovative Designs for Accessibility (IDeA) student competition for the 2012-2013 academic year.
- Are you aware of a barrier to accessibility?
- Use your creative abilities to address it!
- Are you interested in sports and recreation?
- Have you considered a unique approach to accessibility barriers in fitness?
- Are you designing a new product?
- Can it help to make something we use everyday more inclusive?
- Are you building a business plan?
- Have you considered accessible customer service?
We are seeking to engage the creative minds of Ontario’s university undergraduate students to develop innovative, cost-effective and practical solutions to accessibility-related barriers in the community.
Inspired by the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, we are encouraging students to incorporate inclusive design into their assignments and address one (or several) barriers to accessibility, which are:
- Information and Communications
The competition is open to all undergraduate students enrolled at a publicly funded university in Ontario.
To have a look at last year’s competition please visit www.cou.on.ca/IDeA.