Diploma information

Diploma mail out

If you require proof of graduation, you can request an Unofficial Transcript or a Certificate of Enrolment via Carleton Central. The Unofficial Transcript contains a notation that your degree has been awarded, and it will be sent to your cMail address within 24 hours. The fourth option of the Certificate of Enrolment request menu is a letter that confirms your degree has been awarded. The certificate will be sent to your cMail address within 24 hours.

Address Information: Please review your current mailing address on Carleton Central. If this address is incorrect, please make the necessary changes by October 15 (for Fall graduation), February 15 (for Winter graduation), or May 15 (for Spring graduation) in order to ensure you receive your diploma at the revised address.

Due to the current situation with COVID-19, pick up service is not available for diplomas at this time. All diplomas for the Fall 2020 graduates will be mailed two weeks after degrees have been awarded.

You must ensure that your mailing address in Carleton Central (under the ‘Personal Information’ section) is up to date by October 15, 2020 in order to ensure that it is mailed to the correct address.

If you wish to wait until the Registrar’s Office reopens to pick up your diploma, please contact us via email at registrar@carleton.ca by October 15, 2020, and we will retain your diploma for pick up at a later date.

Withholding Official Documents for Graduating Students
The University has a policy in relation to the release of official documents confirming graduation.  If a student has a balance owing on their student account, all graduation documentation will be withheld including your diploma, transcripts and/or letters and confirmations certifying graduation.

Fee payment options can be found at http://carleton.ca/studentaccounts/, any inquiries related to your student account should be directed to the Student Accounts office at student.accounts@carleton.ca or by phone at 613-520-3626.

**Please note: Diplomas that are unclaimed for a two year period following convocation will be destroyed; this includes those that are returned by mail and those that are held due to a financial hold. Should a student require a diploma after it has been destroyed a replacement diploma may be requested.

Changing your Diploma Name
If your legal name contains special characters, which you would like reflected on your diploma, please complete a Diploma Name Request Form and submit it to registrar@carleton.ca from your Carleton e-mail account, fax the completed form to 613-520-4410, or drop it off to the Registrar’s Office 300 Tory Building no later than October 1 (for Fall graduation), February 1 (for Winter graduation), or May 1 (for Spring graduation). Special characters in a name include accents, raised characters and hyphens. The Diploma Name Change form is located here.

More Information
Be sure to check out our graduation information page for more information regarding graduation, convocation and diplomas.