Carleton Central is accessible worldwide. Students are directed to sign on to Carleton Central via the MyCarleton Portal. The Portal is compatible with all browsers (although the most recent browsers are recommended). If you are unable to access the Internet from home, you may consider one of the following options:
- Carleton campus computer labs
- Community library or Internet café.
- Computer at work or at a friend’s home.
If you are no longer an active student, you still have a Carleton Central account. To access your account, you can go directly to central.carleton.ca and enter your User ID and PIN as follows:
- User ID: Your User ID is your nine digit student number. If you only have a six digit or five digit student number (i.e. you graduated prior to Fall 2003), simply add either 100 or 1000 to the beginning of your student number. For example, if you student number was 123456 then your Carleton Central User ID will be 100123456. Feel free to contact the Registrar’s Office if you have forgotten your student number.
- PIN: The first time you login, your PIN will be your date of birth in YYMMDD format. For example, if your date of birth is July 14, 1980, your initial PIN will be 800714. Use this number in the PIN field to access Carleton Central for the first time only; once you have logged in you will be required to change your PIN. Your PIN must be numeric and six digits in length and be something that you can easily remember.