There are four steps to complete in order to register. Complete each step in the order presented to ensure your registration is successful. These four steps will have to be repeated separately for the Fall and Winter terms.
We suggest you complete Step 1 and build your timetable before your time-ticket begins. Steps 3 and 4 can only be accessed once your time-ticket has started:
- Your Student Number (User ID)
You will find your 9 digit student number in your package from Carleton. Use this number in the “User ID” block.
- Your Personal Identification Number (PIN)
- The first time you login, your PIN will be your date of birth in YYMMDD format. For example, if your date of birth is July 14, 1995, your initial PIN will be 950714. Use this number in the PIN field to access Carleton Central for the first time only.
- Once you have logged in you will be required to change your PIN.
- Your PIN must be numeric and six digits in length and be something that you can easily remember.
- If you forget your PIN in subsequent logins, press the ‘Forgot PIN’ button to reset your PIN back to your birth date.
- Your Security Question/Answer
After your first login you will be asked to enter a security question and answer. The answer is used to reset your PIN in case you forget it. Make your security answer easy for you to remember and avoid special characters.
For students encountering difficulties using Carleton Central there is an extensive help menu that can be accessed by clicking “HELP”. If you require further information, you are encouraged to contact the appropriate department. For technical assistance (e.g. you are unable to login), you may submit your request through email at firstname.lastname@example.org.