University of Ottawa Exchange

Carleton students may enroll in courses at University of Ottawa through the Undergraduate Exchange Program. To be eligible you must be in Good Standing. First year students may register in up to two half credit courses. You may only take courses that meet your degree requirements. Grades for courses you complete at the University of Ottawa will appear on your Carleton transcript and will be used in the calculation of your Cumulative Grade Point Average.

Carleton students participating in the University of Ottawa exchange must ensure that they do not register in course timetable conflicts. Please keep in mind that you are responsible for respecting University of Ottawa dates and deadlines for registration and withdrawal. To withdraw from University of Ottawa courses, please visit the appropriate University of Ottawa faculty office.

Applications are available in the Registrar’s Office, 300 Tory Building (unfortunately, we are unable to make this application available electronically at this time).

Students from the University of Ottawa who have approval to register via the undergraduate exchange program must register in person at the Registrar’s Office, 300 Tory Building. You must have your signed exchange form with you to register.

Please refer to the time-tickets page for your registration date.

Letter of Permission

Students who have a letter of permission from another university must be admitted as Special Students before registering. Once admitted, students on letter of permission may register via Carleton Central.

Please refer to the time-tickets page for your registration date.

International Students

If you have any questions regarding UHIP or anything else that might concern you as an international student, contact the International Student Services Office (ISSO), 128 University Centre, (613) 520-6600.

If you have any questions regarding exemptions from international student fees, contact the Registrar’s Office at (613) 520-3500, 300 Tory Building.