Undergraduate students who wish to fully withdraw from their program, without academic penalty, may do so by completing this form and submitting it to the Registrar’s Office prior to the deadline to withdraw from courses.

It is advised that students who wish to fully withdraw from their program meet with an academic advisor. Beyond the academic implications, it is important that students are aware of and appreciate the full scope of consequences associated with withdrawing from their program (ex: if the student has a government student loan, is a sponsored student, is a varsity athlete or is in any other type of situation that requires a minimum course load for eligibility purposes).

Students must withdraw from all courses via Carleton Central before their request for Voluntary Withdrawal can be processed. Once this has been completed and the application has been processed, the notation “Voluntary Withdrawal from Program” will appear on the official transcript.

Important Note: Students who have fully withdrawn from their program and who wish to resume their studies at a later date will be required to submit an application for admission to degree studies. The application may require additional documentation as specified by the Admissions Regulations of the Undergraduate Calendar.

Students who opt to remain active in their program during an absence from studies should note that they will be made inactive after nine consecutive terms without registration.