Welcome to the Paid/Unpaid Work Placements website.
This website provides important instructions for Carleton University students, faculty and staff regarding paid or unpaid work placements.
As part of the educational experience, students have opportunities for external experiential learning. These may include – but are not limited to – internships, work terms, practicums, mentored entrepreneurial opportunities and service learning in volunteer settings. Carleton University wants to ensure that our students have a safe and enjoyable experience while participating in a paid or unpaid placement.
Click on the following link(s) if …
- you are a faculty member
- you are a student registered in a course with an paid/unpaid placement as a requirement
- you are a student participating in an paid/unpaid work placement NOT required by your course
- you are a student who has been injured during your paid/unpaid work placement
- you are a departmental coordinator/administrator
- you’d like additional resources