Information for Current Graduate Students
Information about email accounts, desks, keys, dates and deadlines, funding packages, out-of-priority TA requests, M.Eng. course selection, and other department procedures and regulations can be found on the Department Procedures and Regulations wiki page.
For assistance, please complete the web form at grhelp.sce.carleton.ca.
- Ph.D., M.A.Sc. and M.Eng. in Electrical and Computer Engineering: program details.
- M.A.Sc. in Biomedical Engineering: program details.
- Graduate calendar home page: regulations, awards, etc.
Courses and Schedule
Important basic concepts in making your course selections:
- Always check your course selection with your academic advisor or thesis supervisor.
- M.A.Sc., M.Eng., and Ph.D. in Electrical and Computer Engineering students:
- You are members of the Ottawa-Carleton Institute for Electrical and Computer Engineering (OCIECE), and can register freely in any of the OCIECE courses offered through (i) Systems and Computer Engineering at Carleton University, (ii) Department of Electronics at Carleton University, or (iii) School of Information Technology and Engineering at the University of Ottawa.
- You should take courses primarily from among the OCIECE courses listed below, but can take courses from the other categories with the permission of the advisor or thesis supervisor.
- OCIECE Graduate Courses for Fall (subject to change: check regularly)
- OCIECE Graduate Courses for Winter (subject to change: check regularly)
- M.A.Sc. in Biomedical Engineering students should take courses primarily from among the OCIBME courses listed below, but can take courses from the other categories with the permission of the advisor or thesis supervisor.
- Special Students: To take a graduate course at Carleton University, you must obtain a permission form from the Systems and Computer Engineering office at Carleton University, and have this signed by the course instructor (not the Associate Chair for Graduate Studies as it says on the form).
- For Ottawa University Students Only: Ottawa University students part of the joint program who need access to Brightspace for courses need to complete a form at FGPA. They are required to complete this form every term. Click here for Form.
Grad Navigate Professional Development
- Current graduate students may wish to visit the Graduate and Postdoc Professional Development page for current professional development opportunities.