Past Event! Note: this event has already taken place.
Open Access Publishing
September 29, 2015 at 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM
|Location:||4110 Human Computer Interaction Building|
|Key Contact:||Pat Moore, Julie Lavigne and Professor TBC|
What is Open Access? Not familiar with the terminology and uncertain as to what it’s all about? Do you want to know how and why publishers are supporting Open Access (OA) and about OA support at Carleton? Are you looking for facts and a clear understanding of what is happening in the Canada? Then come to this presentation where all will be revealed.
Why you should attend
This event will provide a general introduction to the Open Access (OA) publishing model and the various issues and management considerations related to the model, including Carleton University support for open Access.
Level and previous knowledge required
Introductory; no previous knowledge required.
Participants attending the event will:
- Learn essential facts and issues relating to the open access publishing model
- Understand what Green, Gold and Hybrid open access mean
- Learn about the Tri-Council Agency Open Access Policy and mandates and implications for publishers, authors and libraries
- Learn about the ways publisher are offering Open Access support
- Understand why repositories are important
- Hear about the Open Access support in the library, new developments and challenges