The Graduate Students’ Association will be holding its annual elections in early April. The GSA requires a Chief Electoral Officer(s) to administer these processes from nominations to the tabulation of results. In addition to getting involved with your GSA, this is a good opportunity for a graduate student to gain experience in organizing and running an election.
Position Term: Variable hours between early March until April
Number of Positions: 1
The position of CEO involves:
▪ Working collaboratively with the GSA Electoral Board
▪ Notifying nominated candidates of their nomination for election and determining if they accept
▪ Notifying Council members of the nominees for election and enlisting Council’s aid in publicizing the election in their departments
▪ Publicize the election and encourage voter turnout.
▪ Administration of the election according to GSA Election rules and policies
▪ Tabulation of results
▪ Informing Council of results at the first meeting of Council following the election
▪ Informing the appropriate bodies and authorities of the election results
Deadline: March 8th, 2021
Submit resume and cover letter to:
GSA Carleton Electoral Board (Word or PDF): firstname.lastname@example.org
The GSA values employment and educational equality and welcomes applications from diverse groups including (but not limited to) women; indigenous people; people of colour; people with disabilities; international students; and gay, lesbian, bisexual, 2 Spirit and transgender people.
This position is only available for Carleton graduate students.