Academic Prep: Winter Reset
January 5, 2024 — January 7, 2024
Time: 10:00 AM — 3:00 PM
|Location:||The exact location will be available in Carleton Central to registered students.|
Academic Prep is an on-campus course offered by the Centre for Initiatives in Education that helps students make a strong start to their university studies.
Students will develop academic skills, establish habits for success, meet new people, and get to know Carleton’s campus!
The course is a short version of the week-long course offered in August. It is aimed at first-year students whose first semester didn’t go as well as they would have liked.
Many students whose first semester didn’t go as planned can still have a great year, starting with Academic Prep: Winter Reset. CIE helps students to reflect on their first semester, identify changes they can make, and adopt evidence-based learning skills and habits.
The course combines lectures with hands-on workshops where students discuss and practice the skills they’re learning.
- Effective study skills
- Stress, mental health, and resilience
- Notetaking from lectures and readings
- Problem solving (Math & Science)
- Essay writing (Arts & Social Sciences)
- First-year and Special students
- FASS, FPA, Science, undeclared
- Any student who didn’t do as well as they would have liked in the Fall
Registration is through Carleton Central. The course is listed as CIED 0999 (Winter 2024).