ProjectX Undergraduate Machine Learning Research Competition
September 1, 2021
We are inviting Carleton University to compete in ProjectX 2021, the second iteration of our annual North American Machine Learning research competition taking place from September 2021 to January 2022. Please see the invite package attached.
- ProjectX is the world’s largest undergraduate machine learning research competition with competing teams from top universities across the world.
- The winning team from each subtopic focus will be awarded a cash prize of CAD $25,000, and all participants will be invited to attend the UofT AI annual conference where the ProjectX award ceremony will take place. Last year we had ~800 participants and our keynote speaker was Geoffrey Hinton.
- This year, ProjectX is focused on Health, with subtopics focusing on Epidemiology, Clinical Practice, and Genetics.
- For more information on last year’s ProjectX 2020, please visit www.projectX2020.com.
- Sponsors included GoogleAI, IBM, DeepMind, Vector Institute, AccuWeather, Citadel, and more!
- Competing universities included MIT, Stanford, Caltech, Cornell, Berkeley, McGill, University of Toronto, University of British Columbia, and others top AI universities across the world!
- Last year’s winning papers are attached in this email.
About UofT AI: https://uoft.ai
- We are a group of passionate undergraduates interested in artificial intelligence. Our members come from many diverse academic backgrounds such as Computer Science, Engineering, Cognitive Science, and so much more.
- We host a variety of events, including educational programs, competitions, guest lectures, and conferences to get UofT students get involved in the field of AI.
If you are interested in fielding an undergraduate team from Carleton University for ProjectX, please email me back (email@example.com) at your earliest convenience and I will help you with the next steps. If you believe that there is a better contact for me to reach out to, please do redirect me towards them!