Call for Chancellor Nominations
As Chancellor Chi’s term draws to a close in June, a search committee has been established to find a replacement. We are asking for nominations and request that they be submitted by Friday, Dec. 23, 2016 to Ms. Amanda Goth who is secretary to the committee at the following email address: Amanda.Goth@carleton.ca.
Nominations should specify the connection to the university and the special merits of the individual proposed.
Please bear in mind that the guidelines state that the candidate must be:
- a Canadian citizen;
- a person of national and preferably international stature;
- a person whose appointment would add to the reputation and enhance the image of the university;
- a person who has an appreciation of the distinctive role and nature of universities;
- a person who is available to participate in convocation ceremonies and other ceremonial events;
- a person of vigour and enthusiasm.
Thank you for your kind attention and your thoughtful suggestions.
Alastair J. S. Summerlee
President and Vice-Chancellor