At the June 1, 2021 Board of Governors meeting, upon the advisory committee’s recommendation, the Board approved the reappointment of President and Vice-Chancellor Benoit-Antoine Bacon for a second, five-year term.
On Feb 4, 2021, pursuant to the President and Vice-Chancellor’s appointment guidelines, the Carleton Board of Governors launched a process to consider the reappointment of President Benoit-Antoine Bacon.
A 13-person Advisory Committee on the President and Vice-Chancellor was assembled and tasked with providing a recommendation to the Board of Governors regarding the president’s reappointment. The Committee held their first meeting on March 26, 2021.
A feedback form, created by the advisory committee, was open to the Carleton community from March 28 – April 15, 2021.
If you have any questions, please contact University Secretary, Amanda Goth (email@example.com).
- Feb. 4, 2021: President and Vice-Chancellor Reappointment process begins.
- Feb. 15, 2021: Deadline to submit an Expression of Interest to serve on the President and Vice-Chancellor Advisory Committee.
- March 2021: First Advisory Committee meeting.
- March/April 2021: Carleton community can begin submitting feedback relevant to the reappointment process.
- June 2021: Advisory Committee makes their recommendation on the President’s reappointment to the Carleton Board of Governors.
Wednesday, June 2, 2021
Reappointment of President and Vice-Chancellor
June 2, 2021 To All Members of the Carleton Community, I am pleased to announce that the Carleton University Board of Governors, upon the advisory committee’s recommendation, approved the reappointment of President and...
Monday, March 29, 2021
The Advisory Committee on the President and Vice-Chancellor Reappointment Seeking Feedback
March 29, 2021 Good Morning, As communicated on Feb. 4, 2021, the Carleton Board of Governors launched a process to review the...
Thursday, February 4, 2021
Call for Nominations: President and Vice-Chancellor Reappointment Committee
Feb. 4, 2021 Good afternoon faculty members and librarians, The Carleton Board of Governors has launched a reappointment process for President and Vice-Chancellor Benoit-Antoine...