The call for nominations for undergraduate student representatives to serve on the Carleton University Senate is now open. The deadline for nominations is March 20, 2019.
There are 10 undergraduate seats distributed by faculty:
- 3 members from the Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences
- 3 members from the Faculty of Public Affairs
- 2 members from the Faculty of Engineering & Design
- 1 member from the Sprott School of Business
- 1 member from the Faculty of Science
The term of service for students on Senate is one academic year, beginning on July 1, 2019 and ending on June 30, 2020.
For more information, read the official Call for Nominations for Student Senators.
Students elected to Senate must have been previously elected to an academic governance position at the faculty or department level. Additionally, students must meet the following requirements:
- Be registered at the University in an undergraduate program.
- Be registered in at least one course in each of the Fall and Winter Terms in the academic year when they were elected and during their period of service.
- Have completed successfully at least 4.0 credits prior to service.
- Maintain the academic status of Good Standing throughout their period of service.
If any of these requirements are not satisfied during the term of service, the student must resign from this position.
How to Run
To nominate yourself, please send an email to Kathy McKinley, Assistant University Secretary, email@example.com by 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday March 20, 2019 stating your intention to run for this office. This email must contain:
- Your name
- Your student number
- Your previous elected position (at the faculty or department level)
- A candidate profile (no more than 300 words, words exceeding this will be cut off).
- Your permission for the Office of the Senate and the Registrar’s Office to access your student records to confirm your eligibility.
The campaign period will run from March 20 – 26, 2019. Student Senator elections for contested positions will occur on March 27 – 28, 2019, and will be run according to the campaign rules of Carleton Academic Student Government (CASG). For more information on these rules please see Section 3 of the Carleton Academic Student Government Electoral Code.
Questions about eligibility for these positions, nominations or the election process may be directed to:
Assistant University Secretary