Join Carleton’s Senate
Have your say in the academic governance and future of Carleton University by running for Senate.
Call for Undergraduate Students
Nominations are currently being accepted for 10 undergraduate students to serve on Senate for a one-year term beginning July 1, 2020. Nomination deadline has been extended.
Vacancies as of March 9, 2020:
- Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences – 1 vacancy
- Faculty of Public Affairs – 1 vacancy
- Faculty of Engineering and Design – 2 vacancies
- Faculty of Science – 1 vacancy
Click here to learn more about the role of Senator.
Students elected to Senate must have been previously elected to a governance position at the faculty or department level and meet the following requirements:
- Be registered at the university in an undergraduate program
- Be registered in at least one course in each of the Fall and Winter terms in the academic year when they were elected and during their period of service
- Have completed successfully at least 4.0 credits prior to service
- Maintain the academic status of Good Standing throughout their period of service
If any of these requirements are not satisfied during the term of service, the student must resign from this position.
Application and Process
If you are interested in serving on Senate, please fill the nomination form below. The campaign period will run from March 2-6, 2020. Student Senator elections for contested positions will occur on March 9-10, 2020 and will be run according to the campaign rules of Carleton Academic Student Government Electoral Code (refer to section 3).
Questions about eligibility, nominations or the election process may be directed to the Assistant University Secretary Kathy McKinley at Kathy.McKinley@carleton.ca or by phone at 613-520-2600 x3386.