Senate Academic Program Committee
Approved by Senate May 29, 2009
Revision: Approved by May 31, 2013
Terms of Reference (new)
The Senate Academic Program Committee will:
1. Make recommendations to Senate on the University’s strategic and academic plans.
2. Report regularly to Senate on the execution of the University’s strategic and academic plans.
3. Receive reports from the Carleton University Committee on Quality Assurance regarding proposals for new undergraduate and graduate programs, and make recommendations to Senate regarding such reports.
4. Receive reports from the Carleton University Committee on Quality Assurance regarding proposals for major modifications to undergraduate and graduate programs, and make recommendations to Senate regarding such reports.
5. Receive final assessment reports regarding the cyclical review of existing undergraduate and graduate programs from the Provost and make recommendations to Senate regarding such reports.
6. Consider and make recommendations to Senate on the establishment, restructuring and dissolution of faculties, departments, schools, colleges and institutes that offer academic programs.
7. Initiate proposals and recommendations on issues and topics falling within its purview, in addition to reviewing and offering advice on proposals and recommendations originating elsewhere.
8. Undertake other academic tasks as assigned by Senate.
2. Provost and Vice-President (Academic), to serve as chair;
3. Vice-Provost and Associate Vice-President (Academic), (vice-chair and secretary);
4. Dean of the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs or designate;
5. The Clerk of Senate;
6. Chair of the Senate Committee on Curriculum, Admission and Studies Policy (non-voting)
7. Five members of faculty appointed by Senate to three-year terms with members chosen to be representative of the major divisions of the university;
8. Two graduate and two undergraduate students, appointed by Senate;
9. A representative of CUASA, who shall have non-voting membership.
Manager, Quality Assurance